Lately, I’ve been doing a ton of recipes featuring beer, go figure… this one features the popular and trendy Brussels Sprouts. And although many of the trends for 2016 no longer include them as ‘hot’, they’re not going anywhere. As long as cabbage remains popular, these nutrition dense little veggies will remain on restaurant menus throughout the country. They are tasty, versatile and inexpensive, all the things chefs look for when creating new dishes.
Here is a simple preparation that you can use as a side for fish or beef or just as a snack on its own.
1 lb Brussel Sprouts, cleaned and halved
1 Tbs garlic, sliced (Goodfellas stlye!)
4 oz. pancetta, diced
4 fl oz Unfiltered Wheat Beer
1 tsp salt
1 oz shaved pecorino
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add pancetta and cook until the fat has rendered.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté quickly.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan and mix well.
- Deglaze with the beer.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss with salt and garnish with shaved parmesan and fresh ground black pepper.